Many small-to-medium sized enterprises are often overwhelmed by the increasing complexity of their IT environment, between the new demands of remote access (that add significantly to IT management complications) and the ever-expanding array of software, handheld devices, servers, notebooks, and desktops. Consequently, managing overall resources can become a challenging undertaking for owners.
With the evolution of ever more intricate, yet vital applications, businesses require support that allows them to successfully and efficiently manage servers, desktops, and other operating systems that are evolving continually. Therefore, for many businesses, outsourcing IT management proves a good option. One of the forms of outsourcing IT management includes managed hosting services:
What are Managed Hosting Services?
As the name implies, managed hosting is a form of ‘server’ hosting that is managed by ‘professionals’ on behalf of the ‘client’. All IT related activities, problems, and issues are handled by the hosting provider, hence allowing enterprises to focus strictly on their core competencies and other business-related functions.
As hosting providers also have the requisite knowledge related to IT, you as a client don’t need to be a hosting expert to work on the site and can simply list your requirements for the provider to handle. Consequently, managed hosting services can efficiently keep your IT system running at an optimum level 24/7, 365 days a year.
Services Offered by Managed Hosting Providers
A typical menu of client services offered by managed hosting providers includes:
- Providing assistance for backing up data, and recovering information in case of data loss.
- Offering ongoing alerts on network connectivity, laptops, workstations, and servers.
- Conducting routine assessments of the IT environment to ensure optimal function.
- Providing ongoing patch management, security, and regularly updating system.
- Conducting routine assessments of management requirements.
- Onsite support whenever necessary and logistically feasible.
Benefits of Managed Services for IT
There are a number of ways managed services can help keep your IT system running at an optimum level. Some of these ways or benefits of managed services for your IT department include:
- Controlled IT Costs – Often, it can get difficult for businesses to keep track of IT related expenses. Therefore, by hiring a managed service provider and following a monthly payment plan, businesses can keep themselves from spending too much when they have to call in specialists to fix a particular problem.
- Enhanced Efficiency – Let’s face it: in-house IT requires you to spend a lot of time on researching and developing solutions for network related problems. Conversely, managed services have the requisite knowledge related to IT, hence they can reduce time spent on research and can immediately fix problems. This increases the efficiency of your network.
- Updated Flexibility – Managed service providers offer leading and state-of-the-art tools and technologies to keep your IT running in optimal condition. They also regularly update drivers and software, hence future proofing your business. This is one of the main reasons why businesses with managed services don’t have to worry about their IT system becoming obsolete.
So, if you want to receive the benefits mentioned above and keep your IT system running at optimum level, perhaps it’s time you outsource your IT tasks to a managed service provider.