What is Server Maintenance?
Server maintenance is a large part of server monitoring and ensures that servers are kept updated so that networks can run smoothly. Such tasks ensure that –
- System monitoring automations are properly configured and installed
- Essential data is backed up on a regular basis
- Hard disk space is assessed
- Security features are examined
- Daily backups
- Analysis of folder permission and core file
- Application of necessary updates and service packs
- Server logs are analysed for security threats or hacking attempts
- Vital data can be retrieved from storage in case of system failures
- Potential security risks are identified before they become a problem
Businesses have a lot to gain from such services especially when it comes to reinforcing critical business operations such as –
- User accounts
- Private customer data
- Use accounts
- Industry specific computer applications like Inventory Management
- Proprietary business files
- And more
If initiated on a regular basis, the service ensures that businesses avoid partial or total network failure and that application software run efficiently.
All servers contain moving parts and electronic components that need to be maintained regularly to ensure that they run efficiently for the long term. Irregular maintenance compromises their functionalities. As a result, operations come to a screeching halt as a result and companies lose money.
Server monitoring services from NetComp will put a maintenance program in place that will keep your servers running at their peak. We make sure that your systems never fail you especially during times when you need them to run at their best.
Let our IT server maintenance specialists improve your service uptime and reduce emergencies to the minimum. Contact us for a consultation about our services. Our professional consultants will assess your concerns and propose appropriate solutions. NetComp will send over a team of specialists to analyse servers such as Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows server 2012 R2.